CSA HIGH HOOK - SEASON LONG CONTEST
The High Hook Award is presented to the club member catching the largest fish in a particular species category for the year. The High Hook award has been presented since the first year of the club's establishment. While not required, catch and release is encouraged. Divisions: there are 2 divisions Senior and Junior (16 and younger) for all eligible species: Striped Bass, Bluefish, False Albacore, Weakfish, Flounder, and Blackfish, all of which can be pursued in three categories, bait, lure, and fly. Each High Hook is awarded a certificate in recognition of the angler's accomplishment, awards are presented at the club's year-end banquet.
The High Hook Rules are as follows:
- Fish must be caught from shore, both feet planted on Terra Firma.
- The High Hook club tournament runs from the first Sunday following Thanksgiving for a period of one year.
- Overall length, measured from tip of nose to tip of the tail is used to determine the winner. Weight is optional and not used to determine a winner.
- Entries must be reported by the first membership meeting following the catch
- Entries can be sent to the current Club President via email or submitted in writing at a club meeting.