BECOME A CLUB MEMBER AND MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Monthly Newsletter - The club publishes an excellent monthly newsletter called "SUDS" via email. The newsletter contains the President's Letter, along with member contributed articles such as how-to's, gear and equipment reviews, commentary, as well as notice of events along with other subjects.
- Club Trips and Outings - The club makes several in-state and out-of-state trips throughout the year. Our signature club trip is to Cuttyhunk Island in the Spring and again in the Fall when the CSA squares off against the Cuttyhunk Rod and Gun Club. In a typical year over 20 members take advantage of this great opportunity. The club has sponsored other trips to Block Island, Martha's Vineyard, Island Beach State Park in New Jersey, Cape Cod and Montauk. The club also schedules several day trips to locations within Connecticut. All outings provide an opportunity to meet and fish with some of the best surfcasters in New England.
- Educational Programs - The club offers information in regards to fly tying, rod building, plug building/restoration, reel repair, and knot tying throughout the year. The CSA also has an extensive library of books and videos of past meetings, available for loan.
- Guest Speakers - The club has hosted some of the top surfcasters on the East Coast at our monthly meeting. Past speakers include "Crazy" Alberto Knie, Tony Stetzko, Zeno Hromin, and Janet Messineo.
- Members Only Message Board - The club has a message board (club forum), hosted on Striped-bass.com, accessible to current members only, where a tremendous amount of information is shared. This is one of the club's best resources
- Social Gatherings - Each year in July, the monthly meeting offers a pot-luck style picnic where club members and their families gather to meet and socialize under the cedars at the Surf Club. During the winter months, the CSA hosts a holiday banquet to commemorate the season's success. Awards to outstanding angler's achievements are presented along with a year end slide show.